July 9th, 2014, Representative Elizabeth Scott from Washington’s 39th Legislative District has endorsed Lynda Wilson in her bid for Representative in the 17th Legislative District.
The full text of Scott’s endorsement follows.
“I enthusiastically endorse Lynda Wilson for State Representative! Lynda understands that all political power is inherent in the People, and government’s power is on loan from the People. She has demonstrated in her own life and business the fiscal responsibility and accountability that are so needed in the Legislature. Lynda works hard to meet as many constituents as possible and hear their stories; this indicates a willingness to listen and serve. Best of all, she has the backbone that is necessary to withstand the pressure in Olympia and fight for her neighbors back home. It will be great to work alongside Lynda Wilson next January and have another ally who stands boldly on the entire Republican platform.”
Rep. Scott was first elected to the Washington House in 2010 and has been recognized for the following:
- Small Business Guardian 2014 award, National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB), representing thousands of small businesses in our state
- Keynote speaker/survivor, Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County, annual fundraiser 2013
- Commencement Speaker at ITT Technical Institute, Everett 2014
- Citizen Legislator of the Year award, Skagit County Republican Precinct Committee, 2014
- Elected Official of the Year award, Skagit County Republican Precinct Committee, 2013
- Taught the English language for 10 years, to diverse college students at Edmonds, North Seattle, and Cascadia (founding faculty) Community Colleges, Lake Washington Vo-Tech, colleges in IL, SC, and China, and UAE University near Dubai
Learn more about Rep. Scott by visiting her website.